Thursday, May 24, 2012

French Kissing on the Bus

Waiting in line to board the bus back to DC from New York City, this kid with a heavy French accent wanted to know why I travelled with my bike. Hearing that accent made me want to keep talking to him, and he wanted to keep talking to me just because I knew some French geography. That's not surprising. Europeans are typically won over if you demonstrate a knowledge of world geography.

We sat next to each other on the bus and proceeded to talk the entire drive back to DC. Throughout the conversation, he kept dropping hints that he was interested in me. For example, he kept offering to teach my kids math or be their French tutor. And then he said how tired he was of college girls since they are so loud and don't know much about anything.

I had to stop him there. Anyone who knows me knows that I can be extremely loud. In Europe, I stick out in a crowd with my loud guffaws and I don't really care. You know why? Because we Americans are happy and we show it.

Secondly, he's studying at a university. Don't girls need to prove they are smart in order to be admitted there?

I kept pressing these points until the truth came out. He doesn't like to date younger women; he prefers older women. What the hell? Didn't I just go through this already? As if the universe wanted to magnify how similar this boy is to the Georgetown student, this VA Tech student also plays rugby for the university. All of these comments sparked my curiosity.

"What do you wish the college girls knew more about?" I wondered.


"They know nothing outside of America!"

"What was the oldest age of a woman you dated?"


"45."


"Have you dated women your age?"


"Yes, but those relationships don't go anywhere."


"So you seek out older women?"


"Yes. In fact, I think you are very attractive. Would you mind if I kissed you?"


Even though we were seated in the middle of the bus were everyone could see us, I thought that I'd probably never kiss a random stranger on a bus again. So I kissed him.

He's an excellent kisser, living up to his French stereotype. With one hand he grabbed the back of my head and with the other one he inched up my thigh. At first I could only think about people watching, but then I just let go of that thought. When I forgot about the people around, my tension eased, and I reciprocated.

We kissed so much after the bus arrived that he ended up missing his bus to Blacksburg, so I drove him to the station the next morning to catch the next bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment